Thursday 3 July 2014

Hello Everyone

Hello Folks,

I have decided to set up this blog to share some of my exploits, and also to act as a reference to look back on my own fishing. I used to keep a record book of each years angling with pictures glued in. To be honest I would find that easier as I am some what of a technophobe. So it will be a learning experience trying to use the puter.

Anyway I have always coarse fished but just recently I have started fly fishing, this has coincided with my visits to Wales, fishing in beautiful scenery for wild fish. To be fair it has been a struggle switching over to flicking little flies around after almost exclusively throwing big lures around for the last ten years or so.

My casting leaves a lot to be desired and I have tonnes to learn with regard to fishing for wild brown trout and grayling, but despite the steep learning curve I have managed to winkle out a few fish. I am slowly learning the names of the flies and little by little my casting is starting to improve.....though i imagine if I was watching myself I would think it looked pretty ugly ( the casting, that is :) I have even started to tie my own flies and surprisingly caught on them.

The highlight so far has been the grayling I have managed quite a few with this being the best so far.


The pic doesnt really do it justice as my hand is covering the fishes belly, but this was a really well built stocky fish......It may be a while before I better this one, but I will enjoy trying.




No comments:

Post a Comment